Forum rules and guidelines
This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of community members on the TerminatorFiles forums. Please read it and become familiar with it, it's terms are retroactive and agreed by team and group members when registering on the forums.
The following rules are taken into affect from December 27th, 2008. Our forums have been online longer then that, so some older posts might not have the same rules applied to them. We will however take note of all previous posts of users and take that into account when deciding on your future involvements on our forums.
Any posts in the TerminatorFiles forums are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of TerminatorFiles, its affiliates nor any of their respective employees, agents, third party content providers or licensors.
By using the TerminatorFiles forums, individual posters agree not to post any defamatory or libellous posts and to accept full responsibility for the items they post.
If you participate in any of the TerminatorFiles forums, you must not:
- Defame, abuse, harass or threaten others.
- Make any bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive statements.
- Advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- Post or distribute any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any law.
- Post or distribute any vulgar, obscene, discourteous, or indecent language or images.
- Post or distribute any software or materials that contain a virus or other harmful component.
Site members and visitors shall remain solely responsible for the content of their messages. Information obtained in any of the TerminatorFiles forums may not be accurate or reliable. Never assume that people are who they say they are, know what they say they know, or are affiliated with whom they say they are affiliated with, in any of the TerminatorFiles forums. TerminatorFiles shall not be liable for any statement, misstatement, inaccuracy or omission of any type for any content submitted by a site member or visitor on any of the TerminatorFiles forums.
Though the forums feature an edit button on each of your own posts (making it possible to make minor changes or correct typos or links), it is not allowed to over-edit the posts you made. Deleting your own made threads contents is not allowed and will result in warning on or even a ban of your account.
TerminatorFiles will remove or edit any content posted to any of the TerminatorFiles forums under its control at any time and for any reason. By submitting or uploading any materials to any TerminatorFiles forums, you represent and warrant that you are the owner of such materials and by that action grant TerminatorFiles a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license to use and reproduce any such material, or created derivative works, for display on all TerminatorFiles liated sites.
One can not register on our forum without an e-mail address. This can however be any address to your choosing. By default all e-mail addresses are set to be hidden on this forum, so you are safe to assume that when registering you are held free from any spam. This hiding feature is however not set towards any e-mail addresses used in MSN settings, ICQ settings, nor when users post them in their messages within any of the TerminatorFiles forums.
TerminatorFiles can not be held liable for any miss-use of your e-mail addresses by any malicious individuals and/or companies not under our control.
TerminatorFiles strives to keep the TerminatorFiles forums clean from any individual and/or company that spams the TerminatorFiles forums and/or its users with unwanted (advertising) messages. TerminatorFiles has enable a wide-spread banning system and acts upon it on a dayly basis. Any individuals and/or companies miss-use of any of the TerminatorFiles forums, including but not limited to the items mentioned on this page, will be banned without exceptions. This also includes any registered party that is suspected of any malicious behavior.
User expressly agrees that use of the TerminatorFiles forums is at the user's sole risk. Neither TerminatorFiles, its affiliates nor any of their respective employees, agents, third party content providers or licensors warrant that the TerminatorFiles forums will be uninterrupted or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of the TerminatorFiles forums, or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information, service, or merchandise provided through the TerminatorFiles forums.
This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury, caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. User specifically acknowledges that TerminatorFiles is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other subscribers or third-parties in cases including but not limited to any interactive communication on or through the TerminatorFiles website and/or TerminatorFiles forums and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with user(s).
All external websites will open in a new browser. TerminatorFiles is not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind. TerminatorFiles cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and TerminatorFiles has no control over the availability of such linked pages.
- Posts are to be made about the subject matter only. This means things related to the Terminator saga, and only that. Posting news on other topics is not appriciated and where applicable will be closed. These closed topics will eventually be moved to our Terminated topics section, where they will be available for 7 days max. The forum does not have an offtopic section either, due to the same reason. If you feel the need to talk about other things then Terminator only, this is not the right forum for you.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to not act as 'back seat moderators'. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Please use the 'post report' feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly 'act' as moderators may be warned.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline ([IMG][/IMG]) image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with 'normal writing'. That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT (use caps only) or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Sorry", "I like this, because...", "Any pictures available on the new collectible", etc. Examples of good titles include; "Sorry, I do not understand the T-800 designation", "I like the T:SCC TV-series, because of Cameron", "Any pictures available from the Blister T-800 half-scale bust?", etc.
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering services (charged and free), solicitation, unrelated products, etc. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
- Members should note that the boards are maintained on a voluntary basis. No team member receives payment of any kind for time spent. Users who disrespect the work of team members will be warned.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- Signatures may contain up to five lines of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 470px wide, 70px high and 8kB (8000 Bytes) in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text. We'd prefer if you did not use animated images. We are leaniant towards usage of bigger images, as long as they do not influence the usability or viewability of the forums.
- Text sizes should be between 75% and 100% (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.
- Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of four unique pages or sites. Team members are allowed additional links to aid in rendering support for the forums. Linked sites may be commercial in nature. You may not include links in a way which suggests you offer official support, software, etc. for TerminatorFiles and/or its liated services. You may not link to warez, porn or political, racist or other similar hate sites. Links are included in signature size limits.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned.
Though the forum features this as one of its defaults, the Team has decided not to grant the usage of this system. If we decide to enable this in the future, the following rules are taken into effect.
- Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous points on misuse of bandwidth). User defined avatars are to be no larger than 120 pixels square, contain no animation, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), may not exceed 12KiB (12288 Bytes) in filesize and have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed).
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
- TerminatorFiles operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
- Arguing with Team Members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant Team leader, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the Moderator team leader. If they feel you were treated badly they remove a warning.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account to evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While TerminatorFiles may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
By accessing 'The Terminator Files Forum' (hereinafter 'we', 'us', 'our', 'The Terminator Files Forum', 'http://www.terminatorfiles.net/forum'), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use 'The Terminator Files Forum'. We may change these at any time and we'll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of 'The Terminator Files Forum' after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter 'they', 'them', 'their', 'phpBB software', 'www.phpbb.com', 'phpBB Group', 'phpBB Teams') which is a bulletin board solution released under the 'General Public License' (hereinafter 'GPL') and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where 'The Terminator Files Forum' is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that 'The Terminator Files Forum' have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither 'The Terminator Files Forum' nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
This policy explains in detail how 'The Terminator Files Forum' along with its affiliated companies (hereinafter 'we', 'us', 'our', 'The Terminator Files Forum', 'http://www.terminatorfiles.net/forum') and phpBB (hereinafter 'they', 'them', 'their', 'phpBB software', 'www.phpbb.com', 'phpBB Group', 'phpBB Teams') use any information collected during any session of usage by you (hereinafter 'your information').
Your information is collected via two ways. Firstly, by browsing 'The Terminator Files Forum' will cause the phpBB software to create a number of cookies, which are small text files that are downloaded on to your computer's web browser temporary files. The first two cookies just contain a user identifier (hereinafter 'user-id') and an anonymous session identifier (hereinafter 'session-id'), automatically assigned to you by the phpBB software. A third cookie will be created once you have browsed topics within 'The Terminator Files Forum' and is used to store which topics have been read, thereby improving your user experience.
We may also create cookies external to the phpBB software whilst browsing 'The Terminator Files Forum', though these are outside the scope of this document which is intended to only cover the pages created by the phpBB software. The second way in which we collect your information is by what you submit to us. This can be, and is not limited to: posting as an anonymous user (hereinafter 'anonymous posts'), registering on 'The Terminator Files Forum' (hereinafter 'your account') and posts submitted by you after registration and whilst logged in (hereinafter 'your posts').
Your account will at a bare minimum contain a uniquely identifiable name (hereinafter 'your user name'), a personal password used for logging into your account (hereinafter 'your password') and a personal, valid e-mail address (hereinafter 'your e-mail'). Your information for your account at 'The Terminator Files Forum' is protected by data-protection laws applicable in the country that hosts us. Any information beyond your user name, your password, and your e-mail address required by 'The Terminator Files Forum' during the registration process is either mandatory or optional, at the discretion of 'The Terminator Files Forum'. In all cases, you have the option of what information in your account is publicly displayed. Furthermore, within your account, you have the option to opt-in or opt-out of automatically generated e-mails from the phpBB software.
Your password is ciphered (a one-way hash) so that it is secure. However, it is recommended that you do not reuse the same password across a number of different websites. Your password is the means of accessing your account at 'The Terminator Files Forum', so please guard it carefully and under no circumstance will anyone affiliated with 'The Terminator Files Forum', phpBB or another 3rd party, legitimately ask you for your password. Should you forget your password for your account, you can use the 'I forgot my password' feature provided by the phpBB software. This process will ask you to submit your user name and your e-mail, then the phpBB software will generate a new password to reclaim your account.
This disclaimer is appended with our full 'Terms and conditions of use'.